Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Intro to the Curious Cuairtear

With two weeks and a day left before I stumble onto an airplane into a foreign country, I thought it would be a good opportunity to warm up to using my blog on a frequent basis. This blog is meant to be a scrapbook of my four months abroad in Scotland for anyone who is interested, and for those who want a trailblazer for their own first trip to the UK I will be happy to report the good and bad of travel, school life and culture differences!


Fast Facts about My Trip
  • I will be studying in the city of Stirling at the University of Stirling, with a population of only about 6,900 undergraduates on a campus on about 300 acres. Think Pullman with half the campus, a third of the undergrads, occupied by an 18th-century man made lake and sharing a city with a 1,000-year-old historical castle. This campus gets lots of press for its beauty.
  • As of the moment I am enrolled in three classes this semester: ENG9HE, an English Studies class on Modernism and Modernity in texts from 1890-1940; EUC9C5, a theory class on Global Cinema and Culture to supplement for UH370; and PSY911, my first introduction to psychology. I am excited to see how studying material in the UK is like my classes back home!
  • My trip ranges from early September to the week before Christmas. Check out my countdown widget to see when I am leaving/coming home!
  • Cuairtear is Scots Gaelic for "traveler" or  "tourist." 
I am also part of the Cougs Abroad Blog Squad, and will be answering prompts in my posts occasionally. Check out the Blog Squad page for other accounts of WSU exchange programs from past years and this fall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment